If you're wondering about the best things to do in Brighton at Christmas, you've come to the right place. As December's frosty fingers weave their way through Brighton, the city brings to life a canvas of events, each stroke rich with holiday cheer and winter wonder. Let's embark on this festive journey, where each event is a gem waiting to be discovered in Brighton's holiday crown.
A Mosaic of Festive Feasts
Christmas to us is a lot about food, a symphony of flavours and traditions that gather loved ones around the table. It's the scent of cinnamon and nutmeg wafting through the air, the warmth of a freshly baked pie, and the clink of glasses toasting to joy and togetherness. Each dish tells a story, be it a family recipe passed down through generations or a new culinary experiment that becomes an instant classic. Here’s a few of our foodie highlights for December.
1. December’s edition to our Sunday Roast adventure takes us to the renowned Hove pub and Restaurant The Lion and Lobster. We’ll be tucking into a two-course Sunday roast, with all the trimmings and complimentary bubbles. This Sunday Session at The Lion and Lobster is sure to be the culinary hug we need, setting the tone for the month's festivities.
2. We're hosting an evening at Nostos, our favourite Greek restaurant in town - and arguably in Sussex - on 13 December. Join us for a two-course feast of authentic Greek flavours that promise to tantalise your taste buds and complement your meal by washing it down with fine wines. It's an evening not just about great food, but about savouring the essence of Greek hospitality. Don't miss this chance to dine, drink, and immerse yourself in the warmth of Nostos this December!
3. For us it doesn't get more festive then a spot of Igloo dining. It’s the ultimate novel way to enjoy the city's culinary offerings. Here in Brighton and Hove we’re lucky enough to have a choice of igloo-offering destination. Our top three are: Shelter Hall, with the epic array of choice from the menus and unwavering great atmosphere. Ohso Social for the “right down on the beach’ location and unbeatable value. Copper Club for their impeccable interiors, and uber romantic ambiance. Where will you choose?
Christmas would not be complete without razzle dazzle and a sing song. That’s parties, sparkles and shared laughter with friends and family. These next few events are sure to bring you all the Christmas joy you could ask for!
4. It’s our Christmas Party on December 8 and you’re invited to come and celebrate with us! Join us and our members at Hove’s exquisitely interiored Third Avenue for a night of dancing, tipples, and unforgettable festive fun. The evening will be a sparkling blend of merry-making and elegant charm, with a live DJ to set the mood.
5. Mix and mingle with our Single Sessions Christmas shindig on 7 December at The Southern Belle - a setting sparkling with potential, mingling under the festive lights. Who knows you might pull a cracker ;-)
6. On 1 December we’ll be conquering “Mount” Hanover to head to Queen Park for their annual Christmas event, Carols In The Park. This event is free for all and never fails to fill the heart and the airwave with festive cheer. This year they’ll be accompanied by The Salvation Army Brass Band as well as The Vox Community Choir. As well as serving hot mulled wine and mince pies to fuel the mood.
Uniquely Brighton Christmas
Let’s keep it local, lovely. You know us and our homegrown and local values. Well, we can apply them to our Christmas experiences too! We’ve cherry picked three quintessential Brighton charms that will illuminate your festive calendar.
7. An event that is a deeply cherished spectacle for many a Brightonian in Burning the Clocks. Set on 21 December, this iconic event paints the night with light and fire. This community celebration marks the winter solstice, the day our winter begins…
8. From 15 - 23 December Brighton Lights will be illuminating the One Garden Brighton at Stanmer. You can expect a symphony of lights, bringing to life the magic of Christmas in a dazzling display. It truly is incredible and being only a short drive or bus ride away, there is no excuse to miss it!
9. Our local bustling marketplace and microcosm of Brighton's eclectic charm The Open Market is a unique and totally independent market made up of small businesses of all sorts of flavours, quirky and cool cafes and diners - we can’t get enough of Smorls. Seriously you have to try this vegetarian whole food gem - a market stall selling all sorts from homemade crafts, up-cycled and vintage items. As well as fresh and pantry foods. This December they’ve curated a programme of events that’ll help you achieve your uniquely Brighton Christmas.
Adventure, Artistry, and Ice
And finally let’s incorporate some action into our festive line-up...
10. Join us at Pier Pressure on 6 December for an adventure game that challenges and delights. The Great Elf-scape is the festive theme for this season’s game and we’re taking our members to a world of puzzles and intrigue. Perfect for those who love a bit of brain-teasing fun, this event promises to be a blend of festive cheer and mental gymnastics.
11. Divorced, Beheaded, Survived! We’re hosting a group at Brighton’s legendary Theatre Royal for the acclaimed and sell out show, Six, on 20 December. Culture and art collide in a theatrical spectacle of one of the most gripping musical historical tales of time. Do you know the tunes to sing along?
12. It was a toss up between this category or the last because skating at the Royal Pavilion Ice Rink is really only something you can do in beautiful Brighton. However for balance's sake we’ve popped it here. So glide into the festive spirit on this enchanting rink, and join in on the winter tradition that’s nestled in the heart of the city.
From culinary delights to cultural spectacles, Brighton's festive season is a tapestry woven with joy, community, and celebration. Join us in embracing every sparkling moment this December in Brighton and make sure you don't miss out on the best 'things to do in Brighton at Christmas'!